Terry Fox Run 2009


This morning we did the Terry Fox 5K Walk. Terry Fox was an amazing young guy from Canada who lost his leg to cancer and then ran a marathon, EVERYDAY for 143 days across Canada to raise awareness for cancer research. He wanted to run from the Atlantic to the Pacific, but after 143 days he had to stop because the cancer was in his lungs. What an incredible person! There are Terry Fox runs every year around the world. We've participated in them in Venezuela, China and now Vietnam.




Mike, Brenna, Loca and I did the walk. Aidan wouldn't get out of bed. Geez. Below are pix from the day. Big crowds!













































Hot dog! Loca walked for most of it, but petered out about 5 minutes from the end, so Mike helped out. Poor little thing!



























Foxy Family!



























We went out to breakfast at The Gourmet Shop cafe after the walk.





















2 comments:

Chad December 7, 2009 at 6:13 PM  

Colleen, thanks for joining the run. I hope you and your family had fun. It certainly looks like you did. Also, thanks to you and the team from SSIS who helped out with registration. We couldn't have done it without you.

Cheers,
Chad.

Amy December 9, 2009 at 7:58 AM  

I remember Terry Fox running through my town when I was younger. Everyone came out to watch him and run along beside him. He was amazing.

That pic of Loca with her tongue out is awesome.

Cheers,
Amy

Current Time in Saigon, Vietnam

About Me

My name is Colleen and I currently live in Saigon, Vietnam. (aka Ho Chi Minh City) I have a husband, Mike, and 2 children. Our son Aidan is 14 and our daughter Brenna is 11. I am the elementary librarian at Saigon South International School. I love to read, be outside, play any sport that's going on, hang out with friends, and laugh.

What I'm Reading Now:

  • Picture Perfect by Jodie Picoult
  • Buddhism for Beginners by Thubet Chodron