Stupid Box Jellyfish!

So I was really excited for our trip to Phuket next month - beautiful beaches, sunny weather, Thai food - paradise! I was also really excited to discover an e-mail from my sister-in-law in my Facebook Inbox. Hey! A message from Lisa! Rock on! 


Then it all changed...

Apparently there's an animal called a Box Jellyfish. Lisa told me that the intriguing looking boxies (see photo - gorgeous, eh?) are deadly and on the move. Well, the stinking boxies are already vacationing in Phuket. I guess they heard about the beautiful beaches, warm weather and Thai food, too. Who can resist green curry chicken? The deadly, gooey animals are on the east coast of Phuket and we'll be staying on the west coast. Do I want to spend my vacation worrying about a deadly swim? No thanks! I better get a plan B in case the boxies don't head back home to Australia or where ever else they normally hang out. Great. The one year I plan out our winter vacation early, it totally backfires. 

Stupid Box Jellyfish.

0 comments:

Current Time in Saigon, Vietnam

About Me

My name is Colleen and I currently live in Saigon, Vietnam. (aka Ho Chi Minh City) I have a husband, Mike, and 2 children. Our son Aidan is 14 and our daughter Brenna is 11. I am the elementary librarian at Saigon South International School. I love to read, be outside, play any sport that's going on, hang out with friends, and laugh.

What I'm Reading Now:

  • Picture Perfect by Jodie Picoult
  • Buddhism for Beginners by Thubet Chodron