Election Jitters


I've never been so nervous about an election before. I've also never been so disappointed and disgusted with an American President before. Thinking back to the 2000 election, where Gore got the popular vote, but lost the election, I can't help but think how that had a major impact on America and the world. The war, the economy, the divisions in the country...what would everything be like had Gore taken the ticket? I imagine it would be better than it is now, although unfortunately that's not saying much. 


Well, it's 7:30pm here, which makes it 6:30am in New York. In the next 14 hours I'll find out our future. I hope it's a good one for me, my family, America and the world. I hope it's change we can believe in.

2 comments:

Jenners November 11, 2008 at 9:54 PM  

Hey Col--

Your blog inspired me. I saw that you visited it so you know how much I ripped you off!! I am totally in love with Library Thing and quickly reached the 200 limit for the free entries so I guess I'll ask for a paid membership for Christmas! How nerdy is that!? My husband thinks I'm ridiculous but it makes me happy. We are so aligned in our reading tastes too! I've been thinking about checking out Chelsea Handler and since you are reading her with one of my favorites (David Sedaris) I think I'll look for one. : )

Jenners November 16, 2008 at 11:56 AM  

Hi--

I tagged you in this. I'm getting a bit carried away here. Ignore if you want!

http://mrsfligs.blogspot.com/2008/11/alphabet-questions-who-am-i-tag-this-is.html

Current Time in Saigon, Vietnam

About Me

My name is Colleen and I currently live in Saigon, Vietnam. (aka Ho Chi Minh City) I have a husband, Mike, and 2 children. Our son Aidan is 14 and our daughter Brenna is 11. I am the elementary librarian at Saigon South International School. I love to read, be outside, play any sport that's going on, hang out with friends, and laugh.

What I'm Reading Now:

  • Picture Perfect by Jodie Picoult
  • Buddhism for Beginners by Thubet Chodron