Extremely Loud and Incredibly Good!


So I figured out I'm a Jonathan Safran Foer fan. I read Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close in a few days, which is my "vacation reading" speed, but I'm not on vacation! Was it better than Everything is Illuminated? I haven't decided yet. I liked some aspects of it more because it takes place in New York City and I grew up in New Jersey so I was comfortably familiar with the setting and some of the personalities. 


Foer wrote another original novel with an interesting plot and a cast of unique characters. Books are all about the characters for me and Foer creates people that I want to watch, listen to and learn more about. I find them very intriguing and enjoy learning about their lives. 

This afternoon I started The Rug Merchant by Meg Mullins. It must be good because all I want to do is finish this post and read!

0 comments:

Current Time in Saigon, Vietnam

About Me

My name is Colleen and I currently live in Saigon, Vietnam. (aka Ho Chi Minh City) I have a husband, Mike, and 2 children. Our son Aidan is 14 and our daughter Brenna is 11. I am the elementary librarian at Saigon South International School. I love to read, be outside, play any sport that's going on, hang out with friends, and laugh.

What I'm Reading Now:

  • Picture Perfect by Jodie Picoult
  • Buddhism for Beginners by Thubet Chodron