Looks Like Vacation, But It's Just Home!



To commiserate the end of our Fall break, we went out for breakfast at one of the local cafes. There are a bizillion to choose from, but we went to The Gourmet Shop for some yummy omelets. The nice thing about living here is it really feels like we're on vacation - nice weather, outdoor pools (Brenna and I played underwater charades in the pool yesterday!), cafes, massages - it's all good!


I had a tomato and onion omelet. Delicious! I didn't have the guts to try the Omellet Mixed Her Cheese. Not really sure what that's all about!!! Hmmm, maybe next time...or not!


3 comments:

Shazza October 26, 2009 at 2:05 PM  

Hahaha! You know how much I love bad menu English!! So jealous of your pools. Can't believe we don't have any. Bu hao. xoxox Shaza

Jenners October 27, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

Hey Girl! I guess I haven't been to your blog in awhile! Love the new look. I'll be back now that it seems like you're updating regularly! And at least you didn't have "human" beef or something.

Hope all is well!

Tara November 20, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

ok, i totally agree that the tropics make it feel like a perpetual vacation. seems like very friday is the last week of school here...LOVE that there are so many cool cafes in saigon. also love even more that i know u have a blog! how did i not know that? too focused on books with you, i guess. :)

Current Time in Saigon, Vietnam

About Me

My name is Colleen and I currently live in Saigon, Vietnam. (aka Ho Chi Minh City) I have a husband, Mike, and 2 children. Our son Aidan is 14 and our daughter Brenna is 11. I am the elementary librarian at Saigon South International School. I love to read, be outside, play any sport that's going on, hang out with friends, and laugh.

What I'm Reading Now:

  • Picture Perfect by Jodie Picoult
  • Buddhism for Beginners by Thubet Chodron