Old Friends, New Again

The other day I got on Facebook and my best friend from elementary school, Mark Altamore, was asking me to be his friend! Holy cow! He was my friend when I started kindergarten and I cried when he moved when I was in 6th grade. Now I have the opportunity to get to know him again. 


Within a few days I was friends with his brother and 3 of his sisters! Wall posts  and e-mails were flying! Most of them started with "OMG!" or "Wow! What a blast from the past!" We immediately reminisced about playing kickball and stickball, Monopoly games that lasted several days, tag in the pool and roasting marshmallows over a round Weber grill! It's so great to be in touch with people who were a significant part of my childhood.  

(I was going to post a picture of us when we were kids, holding wiffle ball bats, but I can't find it anymore. I'll keep searching.)

0 comments:

Current Time in Saigon, Vietnam

About Me

My name is Colleen and I currently live in Saigon, Vietnam. (aka Ho Chi Minh City) I have a husband, Mike, and 2 children. Our son Aidan is 14 and our daughter Brenna is 11. I am the elementary librarian at Saigon South International School. I love to read, be outside, play any sport that's going on, hang out with friends, and laugh.

What I'm Reading Now:

  • Picture Perfect by Jodie Picoult
  • Buddhism for Beginners by Thubet Chodron