The Internet Effect


I just discovered WIRED Science and the most current article just happened to be Digital Overload is Frying our Brains. I just blogged about how my brain slowed down when I didn't have wireless at home and I've blogged about my "Adult Onset ADHD". I call it the Internet Effect and apparently I may be on to something. The whole concept scares me and I'm not sure what to do about it. Perhaps I need to concentrate on NOT multitasking. How do you do that? Maybe I need to cut back on my screen time.

I think I need to ask advice from my friend Ginny. She's an extremely talented artist and amazing person who values connecting with people and the creative process. We've had many conversations about technology's affect on society, both good and bad. She believes that every person has creativity, they just need to find it. She'll slow me down and get my creative juices flowing in no time.

0 comments:

Current Time in Saigon, Vietnam

About Me

My name is Colleen and I currently live in Saigon, Vietnam. (aka Ho Chi Minh City) I have a husband, Mike, and 2 children. Our son Aidan is 14 and our daughter Brenna is 11. I am the elementary librarian at Saigon South International School. I love to read, be outside, play any sport that's going on, hang out with friends, and laugh.

What I'm Reading Now:

  • Picture Perfect by Jodie Picoult
  • Buddhism for Beginners by Thubet Chodron