YA Book Challenge


OK. I'm going to double dip. I just discovered the Young Adult Book Challenge. You have to read 12 YA books in a year. I can definitely do 12 and I'm going to count them in my 100 Book Challenge. This is a good way to encourage me to read teen lit. I really enjoy YA books, but I always have several adult novels I'm dying to read, so the YA books get pushed to the bottom. I look forward to mixing in some fun teen reads! I'll definitely be reading Chris Crutcher books, since he's our visiting author this year. I'll list the titles on this post.


Young Adult Book Challenge:
1. Twilight by Stephenie Meyer
2. New Moon by Stephenie Meyer
3. Whale Talk by Chris Crutcher
4. Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
5. Flight by Sherman Alexie

2 comments:

Anonymous January 8, 2009 at 9:33 PM  

So glad you are joining this one too! Also, the links to post your reviews are up in the right sidebar at J. Kaye’s Book Blog.

Jenners January 11, 2009 at 9:24 AM  

I love that you are getting into the reading challenges too! Aren't they fun! There is one I saw called the Chunkster challenge where you read books that over 500 pages. I think I'll skip that one! And at least this one fits right in with your job!

Current Time in Saigon, Vietnam

About Me

My name is Colleen and I currently live in Saigon, Vietnam. (aka Ho Chi Minh City) I have a husband, Mike, and 2 children. Our son Aidan is 14 and our daughter Brenna is 11. I am the elementary librarian at Saigon South International School. I love to read, be outside, play any sport that's going on, hang out with friends, and laugh.

What I'm Reading Now:

  • Picture Perfect by Jodie Picoult
  • Buddhism for Beginners by Thubet Chodron